4 Servings 1 hour
4 medium beets cut into quarters
1/2 cup (90g) uncooked dry quinoa
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1/2 navel orange (juiced)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
2 cups or 2 small handfuls baby spinach
1/4 cup or 3 radishes finely sliced
2 medium carrots peeled into ribbons
1 cup (1/2 can) of tinned cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup (40g) goat’s cheese crumbled
1/2 cup or 1 small handful of mint leaves chopped
01. Preheat the oven to 375oF (190oC). Bake the beets for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
02. Remove the beets from the oven and once they have cooled, rinse them under cold water and peel them. Once they are peeled, thinly slice them.
03. Cook your quinoa on the stove according to package directions, and set aside.
04. Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon, salt and pepper in a jar. Mix well.
05. Add the baby spinach to a bowl and top with beets, quinoa, radishes, carrots, chickpeas, goat cheese, and mint. Drizzle dressing over top and enjoy!