(cooked really simply with a little garlic butter)
2 globe artichokes
2 bay leaves
1 clove of garlic
A few peppercorns
A pinch of salt
01. Trim the stalk then make a criss-cross in the bottom.
02. Take a large pan and add a few centimetres of water. Add the bay leaves and peppercorns.
03. Bring the water to the boil, then add a steamer basket on top. Put in the artichokes and cover.
04. Steam for between 15 and 30 mins depending on the size. The base will be tender when it’s cooked.
05. While the artichokes are steaming, make the garlic butter by finely chopping the garlic and mixing with the butter. Add a pinch of salt to season.
TIP: If you’ve not eaten globe artichokes before, peel away the leaves. Dip in garlic butter – and enjoy!