Apple and blackberry crumble
Apples and blackberries just belong together in a comforting but healthy autumn crumble. Guaranteed to please everyone!
Coconut oil, for greasing
100g rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 lemon, zested
1 apple, cored and diced
300ml coconut milk
For the topping
3 tbsps coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
150g pecans, roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a medium baking dish with coconut oil and set to one side
- Place the rolled oats, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon zest into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the apple and blackberries to the mixture and combine before spreading evenly on the baking tray.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and evenly pour the mixture on top of the dry ingredients in the baking tray.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and add the maple syrup.
- Combine before pouring over the pecans. Massage well so that the pecans are covered, then sprinkle the nuts over the top of the baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the oatmeal has set and the top is golden and crunchy.
- To serve add a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
This can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.