Beetroot is in season right now and is a packed with essential nutrients including folic acid, fibre, manganese and potassium. This twist on the traditional hummus is tasty and adds a splash of colour to your plate.
1 tin of chickpeas
1 small clove of garlic
1 tablespoon tahini
Extra virgin olive oil
1 medium cooked beetroot
- Drain and tip the chickpeas into a food processor.
- Peel and add the garlic, then add the tahini, a good few squeezes of lemon juice and tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt, then pop the lid on and blitz.
- Use a spatula to scrape the hummus down the sides of the bowl, add the beetroot then blitz again until smooth.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or a splash of water/oil to loosen, if needed, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with sliced crudités, such as cucumber, peppers and celery.