Nourishing Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut/ olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled but chopped to same size as carrot
- 1 heaped tsp fresh root ginger, grated ¼ tsp turmeric
- 100g red lentils, rinsed and drained ½ courgette, diced
- 100ml coconut milk
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic for a few mins until they start to soften but do not brown. Add the carrot, sweet potato, ginger, turmeric, and red lentils. Cover with boiling water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins, adding the courgette with a few minutes to go.
- Add the coconut milk, then blend until smooth and thick, adding a little more water if required to achieve your desired consistency. Serve with some fresh coriander.