This recipe makes 9 muffins
50g buckwheat flour
100g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
60g plain coconut yoghurt
60ml coconut/ almond milk
2-3 ripe plums
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place 9 paper/ silicon cases into your muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl add the buckwheat flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
- In a small bowl add the vanilla extract, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut yoghurt and coconut milk. Use a fork or a whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Dice 2 of the plums into small pieces and discard the stones. If you wish to, using the third plum, slice off the cheeks finely to use to decorate the tops of the muffins.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Gently fold in the diced plums.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and, if using, place a thin slice of plum on top of each one.