Chicken and Vegetable Tray Bake
To promote good health, it is important to eat fruits and vegetables of a variety of colour on a daily basis. This recipe is bursting with colour and goodness.
4 chicken breasts
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
2 small leeks, sliced
1 courgette, sliced
1 red pepper, chopped
150g mushrooms, quartered
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the chicken, butternut squash and mushrooms to a large baking dish.
- Add the garlic, leeks, courgette and red pepper to a small bowl with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well. Add this on top of the chicken and vegetable mix.
- Using your hands, massage the marinade into the chicken and vegetables. Season with sea salt and top with rosemary.
- Place in the oven for 45-50 mins, stirring once.
- Serve when the chicken is cooked through, and the butternut squash is tender.
- Combine before pouring over the pecans. Massage well so that the pecans are covered, then sprinkle the nuts over the top of the baking tray.
Delicious served with some steamed broccoli, asparagus, green beans or simply a side salad.