Spinach & Halloumi Salad with Blueberries
The saltiness of the cheese goes perfectly with the tannins in the spinach and the sweetness of the berries.
250g Halloumi cheese
100g Fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp lime juice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of sea salt to serve (optional)
01. Cut the halloumi into slices or cubes.
02. Heat the olive oil in either a frying pan or a griddle.
03. Gently fry the halloumi until golden on each side.
04. Remove from the heat.
05. Mix the salad dressing ingredients.
06. Place the spinach in a bowl and dress.
07. Put the Halloumi cheese pieces on top of the spinach and sprinkle over the blueberries.
08. Season to taste and eat immediately