I really believe in the power of fresh and seasonal vegetables and fruits as a foundation for a healthy body and I love to cook with what’s in season
Try this super easy, super delicious vegetable stir fry:
Vegetable Stir Fry
1.5 tbsp coconut/olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Thumb of ginger, peeled and grated
2 peppers, sliced
1 medium courgette/carrot, julienned
80g broccoli, cut into small florets
80g mangetout, sliced in half lengthways
300g frozen soya beans (edamame)
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp tamari
150g buckwheat noodles – boiled and drained
Sesame seeds, coriander and sesame oil to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the peppers, courgette/carrot, broccoli, tomatoes and mangetout and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until softened.
4. Meanwhile, add the soya beans to a small pan of boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender.
5. Drain and add them to the stir fried vegetables along with the tamari.
6. Serve the stir-fry on a bed of buckwheat noodles and scatter with sesame seeds, chopped coriander and a drizzle of sesame oil.