Sweet Potato Miso Stew
1 large red onion
2 garlic cloves
1 medium sweet potato
1 tbsp coconut oil
Salt & pepper
200g red lentils
1 heaped tbsp miso paste
1 tin butter beans
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and keeping the skin on, dice the sweet potato into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic, along with some salt and pepper until the onion is soft.
- Wash the lentils and add them to the pan with the sweet potato and enough water to almost cover the contents of the pan (approximately 500ml). Bring to a simmer.
- Add the miso paste and stir well until dissolved.
- Continue to simmer until the sweet potato has softened and the lentils are soft and semi broken down. This should create a thick stew.
- Add the butter beans and mix well.
- Serve with some steamed kale or cabbage and season to taste.